Christmas market on Gendarmenmarkt is considered the most beautiful and popular. Cozy and a bit of luxury between the German and French Church with its mighty towers.
There are many stalls with food and drinks, exclusive crafts and of course, Christmas decorations and souvenirs.
There is free admission between 11-14 Monday to Friday. Other times it costs one Euro to enter.
It can get cold in Berlin, so it’s nice to be able to go into the hot tents with serving. Outside there is a scene with various dance and music performances.
View over the Christmas market on Gendarmenmarkt from the French Church
If you want a nice view over Gendarmenmarkt and the market, you can go up the stairs in the French Church before they close 18:00.
It costs a few Euros, but it might be worth it.
Finest is just at dusk between the hours of 16-17 when you can take good photos before it gets too dark.
More things to do in Berlin
More from Berlin and Germany
Translate (Google translated – English is the default language)
Responsibility of letter
But we shall not be responsible for possible written errors in AllExciting.Com, or changes that may occur in the programmes of events, or otherwise. See organizers’ websites for any updated information before ordering your journey.
- Taste Florence Food Festival, 9 – 11 March 2019
- Antwerpen Proeft – Taste of Antwerp, 1 and 3 – 5 May 2019
- Isle of Wight Pop and Rock Festival, UK 13 – 16 June 2019
- Snowboxx Music Festival in French Alps 23 – 30 March 2019
- La Fira del Vi – Wine Festival in Falset, Spain, 3 – 5 May 2019
- Wychwood Pop and Rock Music Festival, UK. 31 May – 2 June 2019
- Hideout Festival on the Party Island Pag in Croatia. 1 – 5 July 2019
- Winterlights and Christmas Markets in Luxembourg
- NOS Primavera Sound Porto festival, 6 – 8 June 2019