December darkness can be alleviated with some Christmas lights in most cities in Europe.
We went on a trip to catch information and pictures for you and all visitors of AllExciting 🙂
On the train to Copenhagen
From Sweden, and most places in Europe, it is easy to reach both Hamburg and Copenhagen.
We took the direct train with SJ from Stockholm to Copenhagen.
It took us 5 hours to travel between the city centers.
Hotel close to the train station
We were only visiting Copenhagen for one evening and night.
It was practical to find a hotel near the train station to easily go travel on to Hamburg the next morning.
Ended up at Comfort Hotel Vesterbro just a few hundred meters from the station.
Good rooms, friendly staff, and a fantastic breakfast.
The bathroom could use some renovation.
But all in all, it was very good and great value for money.
The Christmas Markets in Copenhagen
You can easily walk between the Christmas markets in Copenhagen.
We did only visit those we knew were in the center, so we may have missed some outside.
The most famous and well-known is the Tivoli Christmas Market.
Tivoli in Copenhagen is a big funfair area, nicely decorated for Christmas in December, just outside the central train station.
Other good Christmas markets are the ones at “Kongens Nytorv” and at “Nyhavn”.
To reach them, you just walk through the shopping street Stroget from the central station.
At the end, you find Kongens Nytorv and further from there you come to Nyhavn, a nice area with many cafes and good restaurants.
On the way through the city, we stumbled upon some smaller markets as well.
Copenhagen is a nice city to explore and has a cozy atmosphere.
A full report will be on a separate page for the Christmas Markets in Copenhagen, with more pictures and info.
More Christmas Markets in Europe
Translate (Google translated – English is the default language)
Responsibility of letter
But we shall not be responsible for possible written errors in AllExciting.Com, or changes that may occur in the programmes of events, or otherwise. See organizers’ websites for any updated information before ordering your journey.
- La Tomatina Buñol, Spain. 29 August 2018
- Sitges Carnival, Spain. 26 February – 6 March 2019
- Lollapalooza Berlin 8 – 9 September 2018
- Tossa de Mar, a charming spot on Costa Brava
- Beaches in and around Barcelona, Costa Brava – Costa Maresme – Costa Dorada
- Mercat de Musica Viva de Vic, Spain. 12 – 16 September 2018
- Rivivi Medieval Festival – Castell’Arquato Piacenza, Italy. 8 – 9 September 2018
- Aarhus Food Festival, the largest food festival in Denmark. September 2018
- Dimensions Festival Croatia, 29 August – 2 September 2018